Below is a selection of resources that we have curated from PFLAG National and across the internet. We hope that these are helpful to you and your loved ones in your journeys.
Please note: PFLAG Johns Creek, GA does not specifically endorse the organizations behind these resources.
Getting Support & Community
- The Trevor Project: Immediate support, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention
- PFLAG Johns Creek, GA Support and Community Groups
- Helping Hands financial support for LGBTQ+ individuals and their families
- QChat Space: facilitated live chats: Ages 13-19
- TransLifeline: Trans support hotline operated by trans individuals
- Glossary of Terms: Sexual Orientation (from GLAAD)
- Asexuality: The Asexual Visibility & Education Network
- Pansexuality: What is Pansexual? A Guide to Pansexuality (from Teen Vogue)
Transgender and Gender-NonConforming (TGNC)
- Glossary of Terms: TGNC (from GLAAD)
- TransWhat?: Primer on trans identities and allyship
- Gender Spectrum: Resources on gender for LGBTQ+ individuals, their families, and allies
- About Nonbinary & Other Gender Diverse Children (from TransFamilies.org)
- They/Them (Non-binary Short Film)
Supporting your loved ones
- How to React After Accidentally Misgendering Someone
- How to Do Better at Getting New Pronouns Right
- What Does It Mean to Misgender Someone
- What is Deadnaming?