PFLAG Johns Creek is here for you!
OUR VISION. PFLAG envisions a world where diversity is celebrated and all people are respected, valued, and affirmed inclusive of their sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression.
OUR MISSION. By meeting people where they are and collaborating with others, PFLAG realizes its vision through:
- SUPPORT for families, allies, and people who are LGBTQ
- EDUCATION for ourselves and others about the unique issues and challenges facing people who are LGBTQ
- ADVOCACY in our communities to change attitudes and create policies and laws that achieve full equality for people who are LGBTQ
We welcome the participation and support of all who share in our Vision and Mission and who hope to realize our goals.
Given the concern over the Covid-19 Coronavirus, support group meetings for March are CANCELED.
JOHNS CREEK Location
We hold Support Group Meetings on the third Tuesday of each and every month from 7-8:30 PM at:
JOHNS CREEK UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
11180 Medlock Bridge Road
Johns Creek, GA 30097
(3rd Floor – Room 320)
* Enter the building via the smaller portico entrance on the Bell Road side of the building. Look for the PFLAG signs and/or greeters outside or just inside the building. Take the stairs or elevator to the 3rd floor, room 320. Look for the signs and/or greeters in the 3rd floor hallway. *
We have three separate support groups, each led by PFLAG trained facilitators and each room has a sign identifying which group is meeting in that room. Choose the group that is best for you:
• TWEENS (Room 313) – A special safe space for LGBTQ tweens (4th-7th grade; ages 9-13) to socialize with other tweens. This is NOT a facilitated support group but instead a social group with games, art, and other fund for tweens to enjoy all while being themselves. The Tween Social Group runs concurrent with the older Teen and Adult Support Groups. A parent must attend an Adult Support Group Meeting or remain in the 3rd floor hallway.
• TEENS (Rooms 322 & 323) – Support/discussion for LGBTQ teens and their teen friends/allies (8th grade and up).
• ADULTS (Rooms 315 & 320) – Support and discussion for LGBTQ adults and for parents, families, and friends of LGBTQ adults and youth/teens.
PFLAG Johns Creek has an ADDITIONAL support group meeting location in the Perimeter Area! Convenient to GA 400, Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Buckhead, and surrounding areas.
We hold Support Group Meetings on the first Tuesday of each and every month from 7-8:30 PM at:
Congregation B’nai Torah
700 Mt. Vernon Highway
Sandy Springs, GA 30328
(Community Rooms A, B, & C)
* Parking on the left of the main drive. The location is on your right as seen in map below. No food or drink allowed due to kosher facility. Meeting is in the main building. Follow the signs.*
We have two separate support groups, each led by PFLAG trained facilitators and each room has a sign identifying which group is meeting in that room. Choose the group that is best for you:
• TEENS (Room A) – Support/discussion for LGBTQ teens and their teen friends/allies (8th grade and up).
• ADULTS (Rooms B & C) – Support and discussion for LGBTQ adults and for parents, families, and friends of LGBTQ adults and youth/teens.
PFLAG works directly with schools and stakeholders in our communities, providing support, resources, training, creative programs, and even model policy to create an environment of respect.
Advocacy is a big part of the mission of PFLAG, with members and supporters working to achieve LGBTQ equality through changing hearts, minds, and laws.
We work at the community level, at the city and state level, and at the federal level to effect change so that people who are LGBTQ are safe and equal in their communities.