PFLAG Johns Creek is here for you!
OUR VISION. PFLAG envisions a world where diversity is celebrated and all people are respected, valued, and affirmed inclusive of their sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression.
OUR MISSION. By meeting people where they are and collaborating with others, PFLAG realizes its vision through:
- SUPPORT for families, allies, and people who are LGBTQ
- EDUCATION for ourselves and others about the unique issues and challenges facing people who are LGBTQ
- ADVOCACY in our communities to change attitudes and create policies and laws that achieve full equality for people who are LGBTQ
We welcome the participation and support of all who share in our Vision and Mission and who hope to realize our goals.
Given the concern over the Covid-19 Coronavirus, all support group meetings are being held by Zoom virtual meetings. Please signup for our emails at https://pflagjohnscreek.org/email to receive communications about meetings and to register to attend.
We hold Support Group Meetings VIRTUALLY on the third Tuesday of each and every month from 7-8:30 PM. Please signup for our emails at https://pflagjohnscreek.org/email to receive communications about meetings and to register to attend.
We have three separate support groups, each led by PFLAG trained facilitators. When joining our live virtual meetings request the group that is best for you:
• TEENS – Support/discussion for LGBTQ+ teens and their teen friends/allies (8th grade and up; minimum age 13, maximum age 17).
• ADULT PARENTS/ALLIES – Support and discussion for parents, families, and friends of LGBTQ+ adults and youth/teens.
• ADULT LGBTQ+ INDIVIDUALS – Support and discussion for LGBTQ adults only (ages 18 and over). Safe space for adults including those who are questioning.
PFLAG works directly with schools and stakeholders in our communities, providing support, resources, training, creative programs, and even model policy to create an environment of respect.
Advocacy is a big part of the mission of PFLAG, with members and supporters working to achieve LGBTQ equality through changing hearts, minds, and laws.
We work at the community level, at the city and state level, and at the federal level to effect change so that people who are LGBTQ are safe and equal in their communities.